How to Properly Attach a Chin Strap on Your Football Helmet
Football is a game that people of all ages love to play. When it comes to kids or even teenagers though, we need to make sure that every down they play is a safe one. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your kids and even you should know the proper way to attach a football chin strap.
Keep reading to learn the appropriate steps to attach a football chin strap so you can teach your children. This knowledge will ensure they have a safe outing every time they put their helmet on.
How to Put On a Chin Strap
Attaching a helmet strap is a six-step process. Follow these steps to make sure it is done correctly.
- Buckle the top-most strap on each side of the helmet to the button on each corresponding earhole. This will remain inside the helmet.
- Put the helmet on your head and put the chin strap cup firmly under your chin.
- Buckle the bottom straps on both sides to the buttons behind or below each earhole.
- Tighten the chin strap if necessary. The chin strap cup should be firm against the chin to keep the helmet in place.
- Make adjustments by pulling on the straps to tighten the helmet. You may need to take the helmet off to make adjustments if you’re fitting it for the first time.
- Unbuckle the helmet, leaving the top straps in place once you’ve got the right fit. You’ll now be able to put the helmet on and take it off regularly only adjusting the chin strap.
A proper fit for a helmet is essential especially when outfitting children and teenagers, so make sure you take the appropriate amount of time when starting the process. It can take a few minutes with a new helmet, but it’s well worth the effort.
Visit our store for more football accessories, or call us at 800-223-6936.
Comments are closed